Business case is not just a document rather it is an instrument that will be used to make an informed decision. A better decision can be made when the organizational strategy and the impact of the proposed project on the strategic objectives can be understood. Writing an effective business case requires a detailed analysis and understanding of organizational strategy, culture, governance and policies. A review of project management approaches followed by detailed cost and benefit analysis as well as risk evaluation will help compare various options to identify the most optimum solution.
GetXInstitute offers a one-day Writing Effective Business Case Workshop to develop the knowledge and skills to develop and deliver realistic business cases.
This Writing Effective Business Case Workshop includes…
- Understanding various factors that influence the quality of a business cases
- Reviewing various business case life cycles and understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Recognizing the value of various financial factors and how to perform the financial analysis
- Mastering techniques that can help select the best option and elicit hidden costs and benefits
- Realizing various personality types and how to present the business case to each type
- Real Life Examples and case scenarios to help understand new ideas and techniques
- One of the best trainers in the industry consistently rated as “Exceeded Expectations”
- Evaluation of a case study and recommend the best option
- 1 day of in-class instructor-led learning through extensive review of examples, case studies and exercises
- Detailed Class Notes in a binder
- 8 PDUs that contribute to PMP’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR)
- Business case and tools & techniques templates
- 6 months unlimited email support (48 hrs guaranteed reply)
- Certificate of Course Completion
Understand purpose, advantages and challenges of a business case
Recognize essential components of a business case lifecycle
Structure and types of business cases
Business Case Development
Derive business case objective from organization’s strategy and goals
Follow step-by-step business case development model
Create the evaluation criteria to select most viable options
Learn techniques of how to identify, analyze and manage stakeholders
Understand cost estimation approaches
Establish costs of viable options at appropriate level of detail
Perform detailed financial analysis of the opportunity
Recognize the importance of risk identification and analysis
Analyze risks of viable options and run risk scenarios
Business Case Presentation
Equip with best practices of writing a convincing executive summary
Delve into personality types and tweak your business case presentation
Identify how to get your business case approved
Develop benefits realization and outcome strategy and metrics
Work out the tangible and intangible benefits, evaluate risks, decide outcome metrics, write executive summary, etc.
- Group and corporate discounts are available. Please contact to discuss.
- If you are a group of 5 or more, call/email us to discuss flexible scheduling option that can meet your group’s specific needs.
|City||Course||Course Start Date||Regular Price||Early Bird Price||Early Bird Deadline|
|Kitchener||Business Case Writing (1d)||Nov 7, 2017||$799||$649||Oct 17, 2017|
|London||Business Case Writing (1d)||Nov 7, 2017||$799||$649||Oct 17, 2017|
|Toronto||Business Case Writing (1d)||Nov 24, 2017||$799||$649||Nov 3, 2017|
|Mississauga||Business Case Writing (1d)||Dec 11, 2017||$799||$649||Nov 20, 2017|
|Hamilton||Business Case Writing (1d)||Dec 11, 2017||$799||$649||Nov 20, 2017|
- G.S.T. / H.S.T. is payable based on location.
- 2d means '2 day Course' and so on.
Price: $799 + H.S.T. Various discounts are available. Price may vary for private small group and 1 on 1 sessions. Please contact to discuss.